Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Eric's First Birthday Party...March 29, 2008

I have been terrible! Or just too busy to do this. Maybe both. I had wanted to record Eric's milestones and major events before his birthday...NOT! Since his birthday was 3 days ago. I can't believe my baby is one already! I guess I'll have to come back to that.


Anyway, Eric turned one on Sunday, March 30th. We had a party for him Saturday, mostly family and a couple of friends. Maybe about 30 people total. He did well. By the time we had our LaRosa's pizza and he had opened most of the gifts he had had it. He didn't really take a nap before the party like I had hoped he would. He did have a decent one earlier, but the poor little guy was tired. He did decide to rejoin the party, with the few guests that were left, for a short time about an hour later. Then Uncle David had to get him up right before he left with Grandma. Mama would have left the whinny baby in bed so he could go back to sleep.







It was a Winnie the Pooh theme...plates, napkins, table cloth for the drink table, party hats (only a few of us wore them), candle for his cake, stuffed Baby's First Birthday Classic Pooh, bib and Mama decorated a Pooh cake for her boy. Plus there were other 1st birthday items, balloons and streamers.

Here he is with Cousin Hope...

And now, the birthday cupcake..."Let's see what is this stuff? I'm in my highchair, so it's a good chance that it's food, which means it's something that could go in my mouth, I better be careful!"

He finally decided it wasn't too bad. I did put a bit in his mouth, that's when he gagged, but he put his thumb in his mouth shortly after that. Then he pretty much had enough. It was funny because everyone was watching him and being so quiet. We laughed when he finally pick it up, dumped it and took the paper off. And cheered when he played with the icing and put some in his mouth. One of these days he'll be eating and then loving his birthday cake! We just have to take any food he takes by mouth as a victory and a step toward him eating orally. One day he'll be eating us out of house and home!

And finally, a picture of Eric checking out one of the many toys he received...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

LOVE the cake! You are to talented!