Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I love my family!

Last week I spent quite a bit of time at my parent's house, more so than usual. My second oldest brother, Rick, arrived Sunday Nov. 2. Of course we had to have Skyline for dinner! Service left much to be desired, which is very unusual for Skyline, but food was great. Tuesday, Paul, Eric and I picked up a couple of LaRosa's meatball hogies for my parents who were working the polls. I voted while I was there, in and out. Picked up Rick and my oldest brother, David, and had lunch at Red Robin. Eric enjoyed playing in Uncle David's iced tea getting the ice cubes, which ended up on the floor. He also ate his first french fry (he's had little bits before). While the guys were fixing tacos for dinner, Eric and I munched on tortillas and salsa, well Eric just took the salsa off the chip.

Eric and Uncle Rick

The youngest of my three brothers, Mike, arrived on Thursday with his wife, Kate. After a delicious dinner of my mom's spaghetti sauce and LaRosa's meatballs (yes, there was spaghetti too), we took pictures of the family. This was the first time the six of us, my parents, brothers and I, were all together since my wedding six years ago. Paul was working and Rick's wife, Dianna, who didn't accompany him, weren't in the pictures, so we didn't have the whole family.

Mike and Kate

Mike, Kate, Me, Eric, David, Mom, Rick, Dad

Mike, David, Rick, Me

Friday Nov. 7, was my parent's 49th wedding anniversary. It was also Mike and Kate's 11th anniversary, hence their visit. And it was also the anniversary of a couple my parents know from my dad's Navy days. They live about 45 min. away. So, on Saturday, the three couples went to a very nice restaurant to celebrate. David, Eric and I went to Red Lobster (Paul was flying and Rick had already left). Eric already had his dinner, but he proceeded to munch on various items we put in front of him...biscuit, broccoli, rice, pasta and calamari. Not sure if David gave him any shrimp.
I have other pictures and "stuff", but I'll stop and end with a video of Eric and the leaves followed by Eric helping Grandma dishing out dessert.

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

How cool that you got to have that family time!

Unknown said...

Need more music... it only took me 5 hours this morn to go play through it all.

And THANKS to my little buddy for waking me up the other night. You just gotta love the helping hand from Grandma...