Friday, January 25, 2008

My Birthday, Part II

Gee, I never did mention much about my birthday. About the same as the past years, with the exception of Eric in my life. We went to the Birdhouse, I mean the Boathouse for dinner. Had my now usual, rib and pork chop combo. Ate the ribs and took the chop home for tomorrow's dinner. Shared an order of calamari with the family. Yummy! Eric was good for being out past his bed time two nights in a row. I did have to take him from Uncle David when I got back from the potty. He was fussing. Mommy's touch got him to calm down. I received a heart pendant with Eric's birthstone and name inscribed on it from Paul. Love it! I kept thinking to myself why is the stone blue and not red? Duh! March is aquamarine! I've got May on the brain since that was when we got him. I had asked about the stone to Paul, who gently reminded me that it was Eric's birthstone.

So, back to my journal about Eric's arrival, so I could have my first birthday as a mama.

We left Charleston on Friday, May 18. The original plan was to stop at Paul's dad's on the way back, but decided to go straight home so we could meet our new son the next day. It was long 10 hour drive plus stops but well worth it. We were trying to come up with an excuse to tell Paul's dad why weren't coming back without telling him about the possibility of us becoming parents. After our first failed match we didn't want to tell anyone until we were pretty sure about it. In other words, we had a baby in our arms! Some how it got out, oh well, he was happy.

No comments: