Saturday, January 26, 2008

Notes...

I found notes that I wrote down in Charleston about our "adventure"...(as I wrote it)

Thursday, May 17, 2007 The Lodge Alley Inn, Charleston, SC 8:55pm

Paul left a message w/Carol, kinda asking how Elizabeth might be feeling about us, one way or another. We took a boat, ended up being us & the guide, out fishing. Shortly after we started the actual fishing, my cell phone rang. Which meant it had to be Nicole, Carol would have tried Paul's phone. She apologized & said that Carol was in training today. Took a while before she finally said that Elizabeth was very comfortable w/us. So Eric Christopher is our son. She will be signing over her parental rights sometime after 10 am tomorrow. Nicole will call around noon. We will be seeing Eric @ Children's on Saturday. Nicole will be in training. So hopefully Carol will be there. Though Children's will know we will be coming. We have to learn how to do his feedings. He will be coming home on Wednesday. A belated Mother's Day for me & an early Anniversary for us. This is just so freaking awesome. Finally...I'm a mommy, almost. After we hear from Nicole that it's official, we'll each call our folks. I'm so excited, I can hardly wait. I was bad and announced it on the PCOS and adoption board. I may blab it to Holly. Need to call her. OK, off to check e-mail one more time. Oh Yeah!

Eric was born 7 weeks early on March 30, 2007 at Good Samaritan Hospital and was transported that day to Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. He weighed 4 lbs. 7 oz and was 17" long. Surprisingly, he arrived vaginally. But then from what we were told Elizabeth had very little pre-natal care, so they may not have known all the medical issues he had. He had an omphalacele (sp?), that's where the bowls are outside the body. That was repaired 2 days later. Eric was also born with a cleft palate and hole in his heart (VSD). Due to the palate and hole he was fed by an n-g tube. The cleft palate makes sucking difficult and his VSD tires him easily.

Friday, May 18, 2007 I26 somewhere in NW SC 12:16 pm

We are on our way home. Nicole did call. Papers have not been signed. Elizabeth is sick. Nicole asked her if it was nerves or if she was really sick. Nicole said she looked pretty bad. (Nicole went to pick her up and take her to CSS to sign the papers.) She asked if we were still comfortable w/going to Children's tomorrow even though the papers haven't been signed. Still are. Waiting to see if Carol will be able to meet us there. Hopefully just a small delay. Nicole said Elizabeth is making a rational decision, not emotional. She seems to have it together. She should sign on Monday.
Connie called asking about when we would get in. Dad wants to take us out to dinner. We did tell her, but told her not to say anything until it is official. Paul needs to call her.
Need to make a list of stuff to do. And there's a lot.
Haven't made up my mind about my parents. Just don't want to jinx this.
Elizabeth did sign a 30 day temporary custody over to CSS. Children's called to give us a phone # & code to check on Eric (W.) & to set up visits.
1:20 pm
Connie already told "Dad," so I guess that let's me able to my parents.

(List)
move cabinet
paint nursery
sew boppy cover
new baby carrier
shade
crib
hang curtains
sew bumper
sew cootie cover
sew little play yard
frame x-stitches
shop for clothes
tub

LOL, some of that stuff still isn't done, may never get done. Others, I'm not sure what the heck I'm even talking about!

No comments: