Monday, October 26, 2009

Wild child

Needless to say, the surgery didn't slow Eric down at all! It took a lot to keep him from climbing and over doing it for a few weeks. We finally gave up, sooner than what the surgeon, I'm sure, would have liked. But she didn't RX any sedatives for me... I mean Eric. So, he's back to his wild child self. He saw the surgeon last week and is doing fine. He'll go back in a year for a follow up. Next up for him is seeing the cardiologist November 11 for an annual check up.

We starting potty training Eric last week. He's doing OK. I keep him in just underwear and a shirt when we're at home. Can't get him to tell us he needs to "tinkle." So, we end up with a puddle on the floor just about every day. He's good with telling us he needs to "poop." We try to take him to the bathroom every hour from the last time he went. Oh, how I wish he would tell us when he has to go! But, it's not the 10 pair of underwear he went through the first couple of days. He's down to about 3.

Looking forward to celebrating my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary on November 7th. My brothers and I are having an open house for them. Mom didn't want to make it anything big, so she came up with the open house. We're up to 40 people as of now. Just hope they spread it out! My oldest brother is in charge of the food. He has an Italian menu planned, yummy! I'm so happy that all of my immediate family will be there. We haven't all been together since my wedding 7 years ago. I will definitely need a picture of the ten of us.

My next post will more pictures, going waaaaay back.

No comments: