Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January...

This is the cutest, tiniest nativity set. I had it up on the mantel. They're about 3/4" high.


Eric and I were at Kroger and walked by the clearance Christmas items. Eric spotted the bears and picked this one out. We (I) named him Ginger Bear. Not a bad buy for $2.50.



My parents left on the 3rd for a three week cruise around South America. As usual, I stop in to check on things, water the plants and Paul feeds the birds. I stopped in on the 17th, opened the door from the garage and heard this noise. Thinking "what the heck?" I walk into the kitchen and there is a stream of water coming from a big crack in the ceiling. I called Paul and told him, I went home (Eric was sleeping), Paul went over and shut off the water. I also called David, who drove across town to check on damages and helped with some clean up, pulling down part of the ceiling and whatever else the guys needed to do. Due to the below zero temperatures we had and the furnace running out of oil, a water pipe had busted. Paul and I did whatever we could to get things repaired and the insurance company informed and claims started. Needless to say, I know the news of what happened to their house was not what they wanted to hear when David, Eric and I picked my parents up from the airport on Sunday. But the furnace was repaired, Paul fixed the pipe, "super" fans and a dehumidifier were running in the kitchen and basement to dry things out, oil was in the tank and I had washed a ton of laundry that got soaked in basement. So, here you can see the hole, which is bigger now, in the kitchen and the rust in the furnace where water ran into it.



David, Paul, Eric and I went to Buca di Beppo for my birthday. Usually we go to the Boathouse, but my parents decided to take a trip instead, so we'll save that for a later date. But we enjoyed a family style meal of bread, calamari, pizza, a baked pasta dish, chicken dish and dessert. Because it was my birthday, I got a free wedge of red velvet cake, which I took home. I also had an on-line coupon, also for my birthday, for a free dessert. I wanted the apple torte, but they were out of vanilla gelato, so I settled for cheesecake. This was also shared by all, well because I sure as heck was not eating a $9 huge hunk of cheesecake by myself! And I also got a $10 gift card. It was all good!
Here's Eric being cute...

Munching on bread...


Having his picture taken with mommy...


Giving birthday hugs to mommy. He just kept giving me hugs, it was so cute. Didn't get a picture of him sticking his finger up my nose. Maybe that's for the better!


We had our first real snowfall today. The rest have been like one, maybe two inchers, not enough to cover the grass. After his nap, we were able to take Eric out. Here he is giggling as we were trying to make a snow angel. It didn't come out too good, by this time it was sleeting and the snow was "crunchy."



He's walking around in the cul-de-sac. Of course, walking in the deepest parts and falling down.



Time to go inside....


And a video of Eric as he tries to make his way through the cold, wet, white stuff...