Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why?

Ever have one of those days when you wonder, why? Today was one of those days. Why did I ever decide I wanted to be mom? Because it's all I've ever wanted to be. But there are days when I question it. OK, I've had worse days, believe me.

Eric was very good yesterday, except towards the end of dinner with Uncle David at Maggiano's, but that wasn't too bad. That too could have been worse. I know, he's two, almost three. But, why do the words 'no' and 'stop' just go in one ear out the other? You can tell them same thing for the two hundredth time and they still do it! We went out to get an oil change for my car and then a quick stop at Meijer. He was as good as gold! Thank goodness! But at home, and thankfully to a lesser degree, at my parents, well, let's just say, I couldn't wait for bedtime. Which was early because someone didn't sleep during nap time. Unfortunately, bedtime didn't end up being early enough for me.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my son. He's my world. There are just times he drives me nuts! I'm sure there are a bunch of you who can relate.

On a lighter note, it was fun watching him play with Nana and Baba. Eric likes chocolate, wait, let me rephrase that, Eric LOVES chocolate! He is his mother's son. M&M's are at the top, Hershey Kisses are a very close second. Eric was having a Kiss and giving his Baba one too. My dad thanked him and asked him if he could say "de nada." Darned if he didn't say it, but so clearly! Dad and I were on the same wave length. We're teaching him the wrong language!

After a long day with my baby, it's always nice to listen to his jabbering and to try and decipher what the heck he's saying, as we rock before bed. And in the end, the cuddles, big hug and kisses are all worth the hassle of an endless day!

No comments: