Monday, November 1, 2010

Joseph update...


I'm very far behind... busy, sickness and just plain laziness are to blame. Take what you can get out of me. I always say I'll try harder and I mean it, but you know how it goes.

As most of you know, Joseph's birthdad was awarded custody last Thursday, October 28th. That was a long day. Eric's class had a "Fall Party" that parents could attend, it was cute seeing all the kids. Grandma, Eric, Joseph and I met Grandpa, Uncle Paul, Fred and Fran for lunch at Red Lobster after which we went to Fred and Frans for dessert. There I received the call from Emily about the hearing. So, at 4pm Eric, Grandma, Grandpa and I gathered in a room at Catholic Charities to give Joseph to his birthdad, Archie. At that point, Joseph became... Archie. Can't get myself to call him that yet, he's still my Joseph Michael.

Good news is that Archie suggested that we have an open relationship. So far so good. He said he would call that night to let me know how Joseph was doing. He didn't, but called the next morning and appologized, too many people had come over to see the baby. Archie called Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon letting us know we could come over and pick Joseph up for trick-or-treating and spend the night. Before I go back in the car, he asked for a hug. I'm hoping this works out. I miss having my little man around.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

wow. I had no idea. I am so sorry...

Liz said...

Oh Maria, I'm happy that Archie is going to have an open relationship with you but didn't he know you would have done the same for him! It just makes me sad! And now that sweet, cute little guy is going to be called Archie? I couldn't do it either. You are some lady with a big BIG heart! God bless you! So is he raising the baby alone or is his family helping him? What did the judge say? Do you know? I mean I know he gave him custody but did he say why? So sorry!

Blessings
Liz

Alabaster Mom said...

I'm sorry, Maria. :-( I think you are coping better than I could have managed under the same circumstances.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that he is letting you be apart of Joseph's life. I agree with Liz...you have such a BIG heart Maria!!!