Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chick magnet

We survived Hurricane Ike...well at least the winds he unleashed on us. Lost power for 24 hours. Ya know, it's rather boring home alone in the dark. Just me, 3 cats and a sleeping baby. I did talk to Paul for about 45minutes, that killed some time. Tried to read by candle light, that didn't last long. Finally, I went and read by flashlight until it was time to give Eric his final feeding and then I went to bed. I was very happy when the power came back on. Here's a cartoon that sums it up...



"Folks just don't realize how much they depend on the power company."



Eric doesn't feed himself, lazy little..., he will pick things up, hand it to you so you can feed him, lazy little... Anyway, Tuesday it was lunch time, he was hungry and impatient, what's new? So, I put him in his chair and gave him a few Cheerios. Low and behold! He fed himself! The next morning I asked him if he wanted Cheerios while I got his breakfast ready, he went straight to the pantry door. Two more teeth have come in. He's also said "bye, bye" a couple of times. If you tell him it's time to brush teeth, he heads to our bathroom. I bought some Pediasure to see if that would help in getting him to drink milk, didn't work, doesn't like the banana cream flavor at least. Although he did like my banana cream Blizzard from DQ, that I had to share with him on Wednesday! Guess we'll try chocolate next. I made pancakes yesterday. He ate about a third of a small one, with syrup, of course.

For dinner Wednesday, we had a coupon for buy 10 wings, get 10 free at Hooters. Paul took a picture of him with a couple of the girls last year wearing his "chick magnet" bib. I don't have a good copy of it, will have to get one from Paul. He had to wear it this time also. Paul was prepared this time, brought his camera. After flirting with ALL the girls he could and before we left, we got a shot of him with four girls. Unfortunately, you can't see "Chick Magnet" on the bib, but it's cute anyway...



Update to this. Here is the old picture...

Eric has just figured out how to climb up on the two baskets I have under the window in my computer room. He can't get down, so he is good and waits for me to rescue him.

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

LOL - so cute!

Elizabeth said...

Those pictures are too funny! Ha! What a cutie pie.
As far as the feeding thing goes, Brendan and I were just marveling tonight at how Emma is so independent with her table food because we were spoon feeding Liam until he was like 4! That may be a slight exaggertion, but not much! The good thing about that was our floor was usually clean after Liam ate. With Emma, there is always a huge mess to clean up. She actually refuses to eat food that someone else tries to feed her. Just goes to show how every kid is so different!
Keep the pictures coming!