Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Busy, busy

Besides, trips to the ER and doctor's and therapy appointments, this weekend we did our usual Sunday time at Grandma and Grandpa's. We also went to our neighborhood's "Harvest Celebration" on Saturday. There, we had a chili cook off, only 9 entries, but a few serious competitors! And of course, we had to have some true chili experts as judges. Our local heroes, two members of the fire department and one from the police force, were gracious enough to take time and stop by to judge and enjoy some chili, hot dogs, hamburgers, drinks, sides and dessert. My hubby took first place! Congrats honey! A two time champion! He also won two years ago at our adoption groups chili cook off, even though I made it because he was out of town. And, no, we are not giving out the secret recipe!
Later on Saturday we attended a little fall gathering at the home of a couple we attended foster training classes with two years ago when we were considering adopting a twelve year old girl. They had tons of food and drink, games for the kids, chickens and goats, a kitty for Eric to chase, pony rides and a hay ride. Eric loved the pony ride! If he could talk, I think he'd be begging us for one. He thought the hay ride was pretty neat too! We left shortly after the bonfire started. Had to get the little guy home and ready for bed. Thanks Erica and Brian for a good time, and yummy cookies!
Daddy and Eric...
"This is so cooooool!"

Getting ready to go!


Someone told him to hold the saddle and he did. Doesn't he look like a natural?
Trying to get my...self, yeah that's it...self, up on the wagon.

Cozying next to the bonfire.


Pony ride video...sorry I'm not a videographer. Grandpa is taking pictures and Grandma can be heard at the end.

Eric has decided that Cocoa Pebbles are way better than Cheerios. He's had them when he's helped me eat my breakfast (I prefer Cocoa Krispies, but I had a coupon, and I'm sure they were on sale, for the Pebbles). Today, he brought me the box out of the pantry, so I let him get a handful, mistake, yes, I know. It ended up all over the floor. I put some in a bowl and he happily sat there and ate on the kitchen floor while I prepared his lunch. Except for a few minutes of screeching and refusal to finish off his peas, which he did eventually, lunch wasn't too bad. The cereal kept him occupied. He only ate a few bites of fruit. He did eat all his dinner, yeah!


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cute pics! It looks like Eric enjoyed himself immensely! Liam went through a very long obsession with horses. He finally moved on to dinosaurs, but we still have ponies all around the house from those days. :)

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Super cute pic!!! Looks like a fun day!