Thursday, August 14, 2008

Something cute...

Eric has become an ice cream fiend. Last night, while we were having dessert at Grandma and Grandpa's, apple pie and ice cream, he stood next to Uncle Mike and got a little bit from him. Guess he wasn't fast enough or getting enough so he went to Aunt Kate, she put him on her lap. "Now this lady, who I just met is cool, she's sharin' her ice cream! As one of my loyal subjects, you may live another day," says his royal highness, the Emperor. When she was done he came to me and was able to mooch some more.

Tonight, mom and I ate our dessert in the dining room, Uncle David and Grandpa were in the family room. He'd get some from me then walk out to U.D. and then we'd hear the small footsteps of him coming back. He went back and forth between the two of us for about 5 minutes. When I had just melted ice cream I went to the family room. He now had a shorter distance to share himself, can't let us eat too much.

Finally! Eric cut one of the teeth he's been working on for the last couple of months, yeah!

Another first...he had his first taste of Skyline Chili last night. Liked it! Good boy! I ordered a large three way to have leftovers for myself and/or puree up some for Eric if he liked it.

For those of you who don't know, Skyline is a Cincinnati Greek style chili. Not really spicy, you can add hot sauce if you want a kick, and it has a slight sweetness to it. The most popular ways it's served is as a coney or over spaghetti. Now, a regular coney is a hot dog, bun, mustard, diced onions and chili. A cheese coney is a coney plus a big pile of cheddar cheese. You may order these without the mustard and/or onions if you like. For some reason I do not like coneys. I like hot dogs and love the chili, but not together, go figure. So, sometimes I order the chili cheese sandwich, same as a cheese coney but no hot dog (no mustard or onions for me). I say sometimes because I usually have a three way. Here's where things can get a bit more complicated, not much though. There's the chili spaghetti...spaghetti topped with chili, you may add onions and/or red beans. My favorite is a three way...chili spaghetti plus a heaping mound of cheddar cheese. A four way is a three way plus onions or red beans. And, you may be able to guess, a five way is a three way with red beans and onions. There have been debates on how to properly order some of these items in my family.

If you wish to read a brief history on Skyline Chili and see the menu, they do have other stuff, here's a link...

http://skylinechili.com/menu.pdf

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Cool! You really need to send me some pics so I can make you a header!

Unknown said...

... yea and Mom doesn't like mustard. It must be a female thing. Coney's with EVERTHING rule!!!!

Anonymous said...

This place sounds great! Need one of those here in NJ.

Elizabeth said...

I am a certified "blog stalker" so I'm adding you to my list! :) Love all the pictures. Eric is sooooooo cute!