Friday, August 29, 2008

Tornado

Not outside...inside. The house looks like a tornado hit it...a 30 incher. Now a little bit is my fault, I have laundry that needs to be folded and put away upstairs. I've already picked up the toys in the "great room" (aren't there living rooms anymore? anyway...). The plastic containers in the kitchen are put away, as well as the muffin pans and the Hopester artwork is back the fridge. The newspaper that he dumped out of the plastic bag still remains strewn on the what-will-eventually-become-the-dining room floor. My den has been rearranged, but that isn't too bad. I think every toy was removed from the shelves in the loft. Clothes have been removed from the laundry basket in the nursery, mainly the socks. I wonder why just the socks? I found one sock in the bathtub. Haven't checked the litter box yet. Other toys rarely touched were out of their usual places. And I found one cat shut in our bathroom. Who knows how long he was in there, no accidents though.

Uncle David said Sunday that I shouldn't bother washing Eric's mouth out with soap (do people do that any more?) when he gets older, it won't work. He kept putting the bubble wand in his mouth. Well, that's different than the real stuff. He bit off a piece of soap during his bath last night...oh the face! Not a happy camper! He spent the rest of the time fussing and wiping at his mouth. He got a rare treat from me, a few sips of diet cola. Then he took a few licks of my popsicle and was off on his merry way.

Tooth number ten popped in yesterday, lower right bicuspid. He's a drooling fool lately.

Eric has been eating well lately. I pretty much have to eat while he is napping or eat after he's been fed. Because if I don't, he won't touch his food if you have anything, he wants what you have. Which is fine, but he can only handle so much of the table food, unless it's a sauce, because he doesn't have the oral skills. Cheese puffs are great because he works them around and they melt in his mouth. He's done fine with a few grains of rice, mashed potatoes, tiny bits of ham and french fries. Loves zucchini bread, ate about a third of a muffin tonight for dessert. But, my father gave him some pretty big pieces of onion ring breading the other night. That does not melt in the mouth, he doesn't chew yet, so he ends up swallowing it whole and sometimes choking on it. Dad, much smaller pieces next time, please!

It's amazing what he'll eat at times. Loves Italian dressing, creamy too. We had dinner at a German restaurant last week. When I had my leftovers he ate some of the red cabbage and artichoke from the sauce on my chicken schnitzel. He's not too fond of pears, he'll eat a little. Not too keen on broccoli either. Ate four bites tonight before deciding he didn't want anymore. Humm, maybe I should put those in his breakfast tube feeding. Supposedly, kids who get pureed food actually develop an oral taste for the foods they have been tube fed. It gets the system or something to that effect. OK, broccoli for breakfast doesn't sound great but he won't taste it and he will get it for dinner around here.

Still working on the drinking, oye! Today's the best he's done with his milk.

And finally here are a few pictures...

He's chasing my brother's dog, Pip, around with her leash.


"I know this thing goes on here some how!"


Just sitting and playing yesterday.

A video of Eric playing. Don't you just love the cammie onsie and shorts, that are too big? He has socks to go with them...

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

He is getting so big!!! Time is flying!

Anonymous said...

"Hmmmm, all these things out of order and around, to the dark side I fear." He is growing fast. Talk soon. MJ.